Seeking an experienced Director of Nursing to provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high quality care with positive patient outcomes.
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence
- Helping to insure efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback
The DON will report to the Executive Director and Hospital's Chief Nursing Officer.
Diamond Healthcare offers a complete and generous compensation package, including health, life, dental, and vision insurances; generous PTO, 401k with match.
- MSN with psychiatric certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively implement services in a multidisciplinary setting and in multi-site facilities
- Understanding of and ability to operate under contract management
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish a plus
- Strong training skills, a plus
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is the region’s leading Behavioral Health provider with a stellar reputation that garners referrals from throughout the state. Services include s 36-bed inpatient unit, intensive outpatient program, partial hospitalization program, and medication management clinic that serve adult, gero-psych, pulmonary, and military patients.
Alamogordo is located in south central New Mexico, about an hour and a half drive from Las Cruces, NM, and El Paso, TX. This 31,000 population city is bordered by the beautiful Sacramento Mountains to the east and by White Sands National Monument to the west. Camping, hiking, and snow-skiing are all easily accessible. Alamogordo is home to the New Mexico Space Museum, which hosts the International Space Hall of Fame. The city is known for the spectacular White Sands Balloon Invitational each September. Other festivities include, the Oktoberfest hosted by German Air Force and nearby Holloman Air Force Base, Labor Day Cottonwood Festival, and a fun sized summer County Fair.