Nature of the Job: Contract or Contract to Hire
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, FLSA, Tuition Reimbursement, Commuter Benefits, etc. ( Fortune 500 benefits with no wait time)
Expedia Group is currently looking for an experienced Sr. Content Strategist to fill an opening in Seattle, WA.
Responsibilities of Sr. Content Strategist
As a Senior Content Strategist you will be a key contributor in delivering smart, relevant B2B experiences within a large UX team dedicated to creating, effective, delightful and global product experiences that unify user needs with business goals.
- Work collaboratively with teams made up of product managers, engineers, and fellow UXers to deliver vital experiences for our travel partners.
- Use content style guides and standards for the creation, curating and governance of original, licensed, and user-generated content for a range of optimizations and new features of a product or business throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Partner with UX leads, visual and interaction designers, and researchers to optimize user experiences in an agile way.
- Communicate use cases, user states and detailed content specifications through both verbal direction as well as physical assets such content matrices, content decks, and strategy documents, as well as working within design comps and prototypes.
- Ensure that project content meets standards of quality, measured in terms of usability, intuitiveness, persuasion and consistency, while considering business metrics, and time to market.
- Describe and present your methods, content explorations and tradeoff rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business stakeholders and UX leadership. This includes presenting in peer reviews and project groups.
- Assess content efforts for requests and help clarify deliverables.
- Conduct competitive teardowns, industry reviews and product innovations as they relate to your projects and deliverables that advance our approaches to content design.
- Advocate for best content practices within the UX team and the larger product teams.
- Degree in a related field (e.g. Communications, Journalism, English, Human behavioral sciences)
- Five or more years professional experience in a content strategy role
- Experience working with UX designers and working in the design process
- Experience with writing for a global audience and an understanding of how a change of language can change contexts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in writing and revising content, and sourcing and aggregating content
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Knowledge of responsive content strategies
- Concept skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation
- A portfolio of quality content solutions in highly dynamic environments that includes the use of both structured and unstructured content
- Experience developing content solutions for large enterprise web sites or applications, ideally in a B2B environment.
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Experience working with responsive Web design solutions
content development, content strategist, UX design
User Generated Content