Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital has proudly served as the sole healthcare provider for western Nevada County for more than 50 years. Much has happened since the hospital opened in 1958, including additions in 1994 of a 68,000 square foot Outpatient Center, a comprehensive Cancer Center and most recently, the opening of the Sierra Nevada Diagnostic Center in the fall of 2006. SNMH is a licensed, acute care hospital providing a full range of services including cardiovascular, surgical, emergency and diagnostic. SNMH offers access to the SNMH Health Sciences Library. The library features continuing and medical education for healthcare professionals, diabetes classes, prenatal classes, cancer support groups, and family caregiver classes. In addition, we have more than 90 board certified primary and specialty care physicians on our active and associate medical staff.Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Assessment, teaching, planning and coordinating care including discharge needs.
- Performance of RN-specific tasks, and providing team leadership to assure that care is accomplished effectively and efficiently.
- Accurate assessment of basic and lethal cardiac rhythms with demonstrated understanding of appropriate interventions and medications.
- Accurate assessment of medical/surgical complications/multi system/trauma pain with demonstrated understanding of appropriate interventions.
- Accurate interpretation and use of unit-specific equipment.
- Utilize appropriate resources for decision making when caring for complex cardiac or medical/surgical patients.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance policy
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to RN Float Pool SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement & Pension Programs
- Wellness Programs
$5,000 - Sign-On Bonus offered for new hires. Per CSH policy, current employees are not eligible.
- CA RN License
- BLS and ACLS
- PALS within 6 months of hire
- 2 years of acute care experience required.
- Telemetry experience required.
- Computer skills required.
Accurate assessment of basic and lethal cardiac rhythms with demonstrated understanding of appropriate interventions and medications. Accurate assessment of medical/surgical complications/multi system/trauma pain with demonstrated understanding of appropriate interventions.
Accurate interpretation and use of unit-specific equipment. Utilize appropriate resources for decision making when caring for complex cardiac or medical/surgical patients.
Emergency experience preferred.
Maternal Child experience preferred.
Ability to read, speak and write English.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Acute Care
- Basic Life Support