Responsible for setting and cleaning tables, sushi bar and lounge areas throughout the shift. Supports servers and service staff with drink refills and clearing tables. Assists with the setup of large parties and communicating which areas of the restaurant are ready to be seated in order to assure customer satisfaction.
In accordance with RA Sushi's service and cooking procedures:
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the front of the house including all tables, chairs and floors.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of service and bus station(s). Refills soy bottles and keeps them thoroughly cleaned prior, during and after shift.
- Communicates and assists hosts to set up and break down tables as customer requests are received.
- Refills soda, ice teas, and waters upon the request of the customer or server.
- Removes dirty dishes, silverware and any debris from tables between courses and after customer leaves table. Returns dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware carefully to dishwashing and/or bar area.
- Checks restrooms on a routine schedule to maintain cleanliness. Reports any restroom problems to management immediately.
- Assists with spills throughout the restaurant to assure customer safety.
- Leaves restaurant in a clean condition prior to end of shift.
- Assists customers with inquiries or as needed.
- Removes trash and breaks down boxes for the bar and restaurant.
Experience and Education:
Previous bar and/or restaurant experience preferred but not required.
Must have a High School diploma or GED.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Must be able to carry large bins filled with dishes, silverware and other eating utensils. Ability to work with a variety of restaurant lounge and/or bar equipment and tools.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.