PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Utility Plant Operator, in Manassas, VA.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all Power Plant equipment & systems including HTHW Generators, Centrifugal Chillers, Air Compressors, Cooling Towers, HVAC equipment & all associated auxiliary equipment. Installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs building systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations.
- Tasks range from periodic inspection to locate and determine the cause of equipment malfunctions to conducting maintenance programs to prevent failures and customer service requests.
- To include such equipment as electrical controls, electrical gear, pumps, fans, AHUs, and plumbing.
- Operate computerized site Building Management System, respond to alarms & become familiar with site-building layout & systems.
- The successful candidate will be working either 1st Shift: 7:30 am-4:00 pm, 2nd Shift: 3:30 pm-12 am or 3rd Shift: 11:30 pm-8:00 am and be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and shift coverage when needed once trained and qualified as a Power Plant Operator.
- Once hired, the successful candidates will be assigned to the 1st shift (7:300am-4pm) for approximately 4-6 weeks for training purposes and transfer to their assigned shift for continued training and hands-on experience.
- The successful candidate must be able to record, review and have the ability to interpret equipment & systems readings.
- Familiar with all types of hand tools, multi-meters, metal fasteners, valves & piping with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS) and computerized alarm & control systems.
- Good general computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel).
- Excellent oral & written communication skills. Self-motivated, dependable, maintain a positive attitude, and willing to be a responsible & dedicated team Player.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Utility Plant Operator - Secret $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- Control Systems
- Valves (Piping)
- Computer Literacy