Quincy, IL, US, 62305
Req ID: 2862
Current employees: please log into our system to apply
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities.
This job opening is for a Systems Engineer joining the Digital Systems Engineering team as part of the Ingersoll Rand Industrial Technologies and Services - Americas organization.
The selected candidate will be responsible for defining and supporting the development and maintenance of industrial control products supporting Ingersoll Rand's compressed air portfolio.
* System Engineering
* Work with product SME and/or product manager to develop the product requirement document
* Work with software, hardware, test engineering teams to allocate product requirements and effectively execute the project until completion
* Maintain traceability of requirements through the design, development and test phases
* Ensure design is modular and enables reuse of the subsystems across different products
* Continuous risk evaluation during the project execution using standard processes like DFMEA and validation planning
* Work with mechanical and electrical engineering teams on integration of controls with mechanical and electrical subsystems
* Supplier interaction
* Review supplier deliverables and provide feedback
* Collate relevant technical inputs from internal teams and communicate to supplier
* Collaborate with cross functional teams as need to collate requirements, develop detailed specifications, evaluate the design concepts, system integration activities and test
* Collaborate with Life cycle engineering on review of field issues and support in resolution activities
Skills and Competencies:
* Controls Engineering activities
* Experience in design and development of electronic controls for industrial equipment (compressor, blower, pumps, motors)
* Working understanding of software and hardware development
* Involved in test planning and testing activities
* Experience with cross functional collaboration with product management, mechanical and electrical engineering
* Understanding of industrial control systems or plant automation processes - industrial communication protocols, Variable frequency drives and motors, sensors and instrumentations, etc.
* Product development life cycle process
* Manage Agile process and sprint
* Extensive experience of working with Confluence & Jira
* Ability to translate business requirements into engineering requirements and user stories for Agile development
* Design review process, DFMEA and risk assessment
* Soft skills
* Experience of leading a multidisciplinary project
* Strong communication skills
* Interacting with cross functional team to generating requirement and design documents
Education and Experience:
* 6-8 years of experience
* Minimum engineering graduation
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying for a job, please submit a request.
Lean on us to help you make life better
We think and act like owners.
We are committed to making our customers successful.
We are bold in our aspirations while moving forward with humility and integrity.
We foster inspired teams.
Bicycle rights prism poutine austin. Drinking vinegar gluten-free iceland, typewriter farm-to-table selfies XOXO food truck four loko.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request and a member of our team will contact you.
Nearest Major Market: Macomb
- Business Requirements
- Design Review