To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, WI 53132
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Site Safety Lead - Franklin
Central Garden & Pet • Franklin, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Are you a safety professional looking to make an impact in a growing company in the Pet industry? Our Central Specialty Pet division in Franklin, Wisconsin has an immediate need for a Site Safety Lead to develop and drive safety initiatives in the manufacturing of fish tanks, reptile habitats and fish and reptile food. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining compliance with all health, safety, and environmental practices by performing continual review, modification, and improvement of existing HSE programs and HSE procedures. Along with the Safety Manager, you will plan, organize, coordinate and document a wide variety of training activities related to new hire orientation, safety, quality, and on the job training.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Central Specialty Pet (a division of Central Garden & Pet) is the largest domestic producer of aquariums and terrariums.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Manages activities as necessary to evaluate and reduce potential risks to employee health and well-being.
- Oversee Central’s CORE behavior-based safety program.
- Directs accident investigation programs, develops accident trends, and develops programs for improving performance ensuring meaningful root causes are identified and corrective actions are documented, managed, and completed.
- Manages all aspects of safety training from development to delivery and tracking to ensure compliance with site and OSHA regulations and delivers new hire safety and quality orientation.
- Facilitates a safety committee including a plan and annual agenda.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local government laws (OSHA, EPA, USDOT, NIOSH, Worker’s Compensation, etc.)
- Coordinates the emergency action plan and activities and is a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Identifies chemical hazards in the workplace and maintains facility safety data sheets for these items. This includes creation and management of facility approved chemical lists.
- Ensures that all required paperwork relating to transportation regulations is maintained; manages the DISA random drug selection program for the covered site employees.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders as a resource in identifying employee training and safety needs.
- Manages an effective training program that plans, organizes, and tracks all employee training activities related to safety, quality, and job specific requirements.
- Evaluates and develops training materials.
- Maintains files and records that accurately document training activity of all affected employees.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred – Safety/Health – Human Resources related.
- Two to four years’ experience in a safety related field.
- Understanding of Code Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Possesses experience with OSHA and other job safety requirements.
- Previous experience developing, coordinating and conducting training.
- Experience executing a behavior-based safety program a plus.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing and warehouse environment with periodic visits to the office environment.
- Hours will generally be regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week. There may be some variation in work hours due to training schedule, overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.