To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Driver - Home Daily Intermodal Truck Driver - Class A CDL
Schneider • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Home daily Chicago Intermodal truck drivers at Schneider earn up to $85,000 per year* in this CDL driving position. Intermodal truckers haul 90% no-touch freight containers — 40% drop-and-hook — in and out of the rail yards within 250 miles of Chicago, IL. Staying that close to home and starting and ending your day at the rail yard means maximum home time.
Watch the videos to see for yourself why Chicago is the heart of Schneider’s Intermodal network, and why you should be our next Chicago Intermodal Local trucker.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL Holders
Chicago Intermodal Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $85,000 per year*
- $4,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $6.00 more per load, paid out weekly - 95% of fleet receives bonus
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Local Intermodal Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more — see full list of benefits
Chicago Intermodal Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
- Hazmat endorsements required within 90 days of hire
- Tanker endorsements required within 90 days of hire
- Weekend driving is required
More Reasons to Pick Schneider Intermodal based out of Chicago
- Onsite, individual leaders and dispatch with low driver-to-leader ratios to better ensure you’re moving and productive
- Personalized Intermodal training with paid orientation
- 100% company-owned chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential
- Onsite fueling provided at Chicago terminal so you don’t have to spend time fueling the truck
- Over 200 shippers and receivers within the Chicagoland area
- Learn more about Schneider’s Intermodal division
Schneider has been an industry leader since 1935 because we understand one simple, profound truth: It’s all about people. The best combination of freight, money, equipment and home time is a byproduct of respecting each and every individual. You’ll be treated right from the moment you apply.“I’m not a number at Schneider. I’m a person. When you have people that ask how you are or wish you a happy birthday or a happy anniversary, that means a lot.” Bill, Schneider driver
Join one of the top trucking companies in Illinois. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Chicago Intermodal driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 4000