Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position: Operations Manager
Position Summary: This position contributes to Clinical Pathology Laboratories success by assisting the regional manager in executing the operations of the laboratory. This job assists and supervises a team of employees that may include phlebotomists, laboratory technologists, laboratory assistants, couriers, processors, data entry, and department supervisors to create and maintain excellent service for our clients and patients. This position is responsible for leadership and acts in accordance with all Clinical Pathology Laboratories policies and procedures.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
- Review operational key business indicators and expenses to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide advice and direction to the team members and supervisors to achieve operational goals. Prepare reports as required by the Regional Manager. Support the Regional Manager in implementing company programs by working directly with all team members to execute action plans that meet operational and organization objectives.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, evaluations, and time-keeping for team members. Be a model of compliance and always follow and enforce the policies and procedures of Clinical Pathology Laboratories.
- Collaborate with the Regional Manager to increase revenue while controlling operational costs. Identify trends and forecasts the needs for the laboratory. Monitor and evaluate inventory ordering and supply levels to create areas of improvement
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective laboratory operations. Filter communication to the staff as directed by the Regional Manager.
- Engage with team members, patients, and clients to develop relationships and understand the needs that may be communicated to increase overall satisfaction. Model a patient satisfaction attitude, deliver above expected service results, and supervise staff to ensure they are committed to service excellence.
Education: Degree in Medical Technology or Business Administration preferred.
Experience: Supervisory experience is required. Experience in clinical laboratory setting or service organization is preferred.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Regional Manager
Physical Requirements: May require: light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.); pulling and pushing of objects, occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching; Must be able to hear, see, and respond adequately; use of hands and fingers.
Environmental Demands: Works in temperature controlled environment with possible exposure to biological and chemical hazards. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow other safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and in crisis situations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Personal Protective Equipment