Description Job Description:
LEIDOS Military and Veterans Health Solutions Group has several openings for Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) Child and Youth Behavioral Health.
The primary responsibility of the this position is providing a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at military installations throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia.
These services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations, consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools, and consultation the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth. CYB counselors are assigned to DoDEA schools, and some cases local community schools and need to have experience working in a school setting to qualify for CYB positions.
CYB counselors are also assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and for on demand assignments. CYB counselors are responsible for working closely with military branch Points of Contact (POCs) to assure that the program is provided within the scope of the contract and meets the needs of assigned installation.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Minimum 3 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience
- *Licensure at the independent practice level (LCSW, LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- School Counselors must demonstrate past experience working in a school setting or other Child/Youth Services setting.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
External Referral Bonus:
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- *Additionally: Consideration will be given to applicants meeting the education and experience requirements above who are license eligible and requiring clinical supervision toward licensure
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Certified Career CounselorsPay Range:
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor