Are you looking for a job in a fun and fast-paced environment? Spend your summer making sweet memories and delicious food. We are looking for people with food and beverage service and restaurant experience who are excited about offering our guests high-quality products. Line cook experience a plus!
Help support the Sweetest Team on Earth by lending your back of house server and restaurant skills to the Concessions Team while enjoying the sweet perks Hersheypark has to offer, such as free admission and passes, shift flexibility, and working with great team members.
Positions are currently available for employees age 16 or older who are available to work throughout the fall for September weekends, HERSHEYPARK in the Dark and Christmas Candylane (September, October, November and December).
- Maintain appropriate levels of all food items
- Properly execute all recipes and procedures
- Complete tasks in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy and quality
- Deliver prepared items to assigned areas as needed
- Restock supplies as needed and maintain a clean work environment
- Wash and sanitize all kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: fryers, grill, tilt skillet, steam kettle, broiler, worktables, sinks, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes, and utensils
- Assist the warehouse runner to properly receive and store all food, non-food, and cleaning related items, while maintaining a clean and orderly operation
- Properly label, date, and rotate all food stock
- Maintain safe, clean, and sanitized work areas. Tasks could include removing trash, breaking down boxes, sweeping, and maintaining cleanliness of dish room and pot washing areas.
- Other job related responsibilities as assigned including other Hershey Entertainment Complex locations such as ZooAmerica, HERSHEYPARK Stadium, HERSHEYPARK Arena, GIANT Center and Hershey Theatre
- Must be 16 years of age or older on the date of applying or turning 16 by November 30, 2019.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must have the capability to follow detailed directions
- Must have a working knowledge of kitchen equipment and good knife skills
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English
- Willingness to display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image to both internal and external customers in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- ServSafe Manager Certification preferred
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification is required (training provided after hire)
- Shifts start as early as 6am and ending as late as two (2) hours after HERSHEYPARK closes.
- Must be able to work at least 3 days/24 hours per week and be available for closing shifts (until two (2) hours after HERSHEYPARK closes).
- Must be able to withstand the temperatures of a kitchen/food stand environment
- Position requires standing, bending, walking, and lifting for entire shift
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. independently
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer