[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality, Safety and Compliance Manager, proud to be part of Element, has an opportunity for an experienced Quality, Safety and Compliance Program Manager to join its team and lead a quality program in multiple locations, primarily in the US, but also in Japan and Korea. Based at one of our US locations, you will be required to travel within the US and to Korea and Japan (@ 20% of the role will involve travel). Additionally, this position will also support safety, health, environmental (SHE) and trade compliance (TC) aspects of the business.
You will be an essential member of the Sector management team and responsible for the overall quality performance of multiple locations across three countries. This includes ensuring that the PCTEST quality management system (QMS), as well as customer, industry and operator approvals are maintained and developed. The successful candidate will have experience in the accreditation requirements associated with the business which include ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17065.
In this role, you will have regular interaction with Accreditation Bodies and will be responsible for advising operational colleagues of the importance of quality, accuracy and integrity in the provision of the testing and certification services we provide.
With strong leadership skills, your ability to influence and lead colleagues in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment is essential. You will work closely with the Operational Management teams to ensure that PCTEST quality policies, processes and procedures are effectively implemented.
You will also be supported by Element’s Corporate Quality team as they provide you with expertise, audit preparation and delivery and issue resolution. Leading Compliance for the sector you will be responsible for managing Quality, SHE and TC and will be a leader within Element. You will be expected to drive a culture of assurance and improvement across locations and capable of interacting with, and managing, different stakeholders within the business.
You will work with the other internal professionals and peers to share best practice and build a strong community and effective interpersonal skills are a key requirement.
Please note that although we are pausing our hiring activity due to the Covid 19, we continue to conduct video and phone interviews to be prepared for a quick return to hiring in the near future.
- Work with the Operational and functional leaders as well as department managers to support the local teams, setting clear expectations and achieving defined business objectives
- Champion the development of One Element culture to ensure alignment with company guiding principles, business vision and company values.
- Embed and drive a culture of assurance and improvement across the Sector by embracing and sharing best practice
- Prepare for and facilitate as lead to internal SHE/TC audits, external quality, technical and customer audits
- Work with the operational team to ensure that findings from audits are responded to in line with the Element established quality, SHE, and TC program requirements and in the timeline and format dictated by the auditing bodies
- Ensure and govern maintenance, development and scope extension of all accreditations (e.g. ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17065), customer approvals and any other regulatory and industry requirements across all locations in the Sector
- Support and maintain the implementation of the Element QMS, ensuring the necessary controls are in place to govern the range of testing performed to include determination and implementation of relevant quality training needs for staff
- Ensure the continued fulfillment of customer expectations through the implementation of the QMS
- Oversee the day-to-day quality operations and hold responsibility of ensuring the quality and competency of all assigned conformity processes, procedures and services
- Establish and implement appropriate QA/QC programs and quality objectives across the Sector, to reduce inefficiencies and improve compliance with the accreditation requirements, regulations, industry standards, company objectives and customer requirements
- Lead self-assessment and quality improvement planning processes, including training and continuous quality processes development of the staff
- Ensure training in the electronic quality management system (eQMS) is effective and that colleagues in your team implement the system throughout the Sector
- Drive and monitor the implementation of eQMS in the Sector, ensuring full usage of the available modules
- Act as a subject matter expert for quality standards, and other applicable policies and procedures while bringing together staff of varying disciplines in order to formulate comprehensive quality processes in conjunction with management. Regularly obtain feedback from clients to monitor and improve the quality system for all departments within the organization
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and Accreditation Bodies
- Maintain good working relationships with operational colleagues, with other Quality Managers and with the wider quality and technical community
Safety, Health and Environmental
- Implement and administer organizational SHE policies, programs, practices and procedures.
- Grow the awareness of SHE throughout the business via audits and assessments to determine development needs and identified gaps (at both a macro and micro level) and effectuate programs to close the gap
- Measure and ensure the locations execute to the federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Partner with location management teams to understand SHE concerns, opportunities, and gaps and provide solutions to close the gaps
- Support SHE investigations and ensure appropriately reporting to company leadership occurs
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure all employees are fully aware of and following the Trade Compliance policies and procedures and support the Export Compliance Officer (ECO) and Deputy ECO with enforcement of policies when needed
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in a scientific or engineering discipline, with ideally 5-10 years’ experience in testing and certification
- Experience of working in an ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17065 accredited environment is advantageous
- Experience in applying and/or having completing training in ISO 19011, ISO 17021 or equivalent guidelines for Quality Auditing as well as having participated in assessment proceedings by accreditation bodies preferred
- Experience of working in Asia would be advantageous but is not essential
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize quality related activities as it relates to meet the needs and challenges of the business and our customers’ schedules
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, along with engagement skills necessary for the ability to work with colleagues across different levels of the organization
- The ability to represent PCTEST and Element at industry events and conferences
- Membership of relevant Committees, such as ISO or industry committees applicable to the Sector
- Experience in overseeing/participating in quality investigations, undertaking root cause analysis, developing corrective action plans and ensuring the effectiveness of actions undertaken to strengthen quality in the Sector
- Requirement to keep up to date with changes in the quality landscape and maintain personal professional development
- Ability to support operational colleagues with quality, SHE and TC problems and work with colleagues to determine effective and sustainable solutions
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and work effectively as part of the quality leadership team
- Exposure to country safety standards, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene, ergonomics and environmental compliance
- Proven track record of working in and/or influencing relationships where there is exposure to sensitive issues
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Product Quality Assurance
Corrective And Preventive Actions