Our growing Vector Security Networks Team is hiring a Technical Support Team Lead. This position is responsible for assisting in the management of the day to day operational responsibilities for providing technical assistance to Technical Service Partners and internal departments. Initial point of escalation for Technical Support and Video Solutions Agents to receive technical and procedural guidance. Position also provides coverage for personnel when they are out of the office, as well as when workflow.
- Provide high level technical assistance to bring service and installation work to completion.
- Identify staff training needs and opportunities on a monthly basis.
- Work with Video Solutions/Technical Support Managers to enhance or change policies, standards and practices that are most effective.
- Delegate daily tasks and guide agents to effective resolution.
- Troubleshoot various Intrusion/Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, and Access Control equipment with technicians performing installation and service work.
- Work with NSC Trainer on the development and implementation of continued training for all departments.
- Assist Manager ensuring staff is adequately trained on all industry technologies and maintains updated vendor and industry certifications.
- Deal directly with National Customers either by telephone, electronically or face-to-face.
- Respond promptly to customer inquires
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries
- Process orders, forms, applications and requests.
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
Why Join Us?
Two-time winner of Dealer of the Year from SDM Magazine, two-time winner of the Police Dispatch Quality (PDQ) Award, and multi-year winner of the Central Station Operator of the Year Award from The Monitoring Association. Top 5 largest security company. Sure, we’ve got the hardware and the recognition, but the real reason to join Vector Security is our people. People who are passionate about the work they do. Energetic people who innovate, who take on new challenges. People, perhaps, like you.
And when we find good people, we hold on to them…through career advancement opportunities, internal promotion, continuing education, and performance incentives.
So, whether you’re a proven leader in your discipline or looking for new challenges, Vector Security may have the right opportunity for you. We seek driven, proactive, talented individuals who are excited about what the future holds. Because we are. Come join us and find out for yourself!
Vector Security, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vector Security is a Drug-Free Workplace
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status Experience
- 2 - 3 years: Intrusion/Fire Alarm Technical Support
- Associates or better in Electronics Technology or related field
- High School or better
- Problem Solving
- Technical support
- Technical / professional knowledge
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description
C Sharp (Programming Language)