Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, PCA Pharmacy has served long-term care and institutional healthcare facilities since 1994. With the guiding imperative to meet and exceed the resident's needs, PCA partners with personal/skilled care or assisted living facilities to address the unique pharmacy needs of their residents through specialized clinical and operational support services. Quality is not a goal; it is our basic operating tenet. Exceptional professional service and personal concern are our commitments.
PCA Pharmacy is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive Salaries - Weekly Pay!
- Paid vacation
- Generous Benefits
- Educational Assistance Programs
- Quarterly employee recognition ceremonies
- And much more!
PCA Pharmacy complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
PCA Pharmacy cumple con las leyes federales de derechos civiles aplicables y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, discapacidad o sexo.PCA Pharmacy 遵守適用的聯邦民權法律規定，不因種族、膚色、民族血統、年齡、殘障 或性別而歧視任何人。
Processes and compounds injectable medications using proper aseptic technique and accurate calculations under the direction of a Pharmacist. Provides assistance with labeling and recording amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receives written prescription or refill requests for injectable medications and supplies for filling new orders and refills. Ensures and verifies that information is complete and accurate.2. Ensures proper product packaging and labeling in accordance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements.3. Maintains adequate inventory of injectable medications and supplies.4. Cleans, monitors IV Clean Room, Ante Room, IV Stock Area, work stations, medication refrigerators/freezers.5. Tracks and records IV pump information on pump log, monitor preventative maintenance dates.6. Responds to questions or requests. Directs inquires as needed to various departments.7. Maintains proper storage and security conditions for drugs.8. Utilizes safe and sanitary techniques in handling medications.9. Assists with special projects as needed.10. Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.11. Meets Expectations of Excellence for position.12. Supports location, departmental goals, and the overall objectives of the Company.13. Complies with all laws, regulations and standards of ethical conduct.14. Responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and safety.15. Leads by Example (LBE), upholds and promotes the culture, mission and values of the Company.16. Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach.17. Maintains professional/technical competencies and proficiencies for job responsibilities.18. Complies with all Company policies, procedures, rules and standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician as required by State regulatory requirements.
- One year IV technician experience in either a hospital, home infusion, or LTC Pharmacy setting.
- Minimum one (1) year multi-facility experience preferred.
- QS1 experience preferred.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Packaging And Labeling
- Profit Center Accounting
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Information Security