Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of Agency referrals for Medicare and non-Medicare clients under the direct supervision of the Branch Director or Centralized Intake Director. The Intake Coordinator is a resource person for referral sources and works closely with other members of the team to ensure adequate coordination and transition occurs to home health and hospice services. The Intake Coordinator should have extensive knowledge of the regulatory guidelines governing home health and hospice admissions.
- Receive referrals from physicians, facilities and staff and enter referral in Homecare Homebase (HCHB). Clearly identify who called in the referral.
- Ensure all demographic information is accurate on the referral form based on eligibility (Medicare and non-Medicare requirements).
- Enter Non-Admit information into HCHB with details in coordination notes if no visit was made. Communicates Non-Admit status to referral sources and/or Sales Managers along with the reason for Non-Admission.
- May be required to perform patient visits and /or participate in on-call rotation.
- Function as staff nurse PRN if applicable.
- Follow up on automated eligibility alerts.
- Communicates with the Billing Manager if the insurance carrier is not Medicare to ensure verification of benefits occurs. Communicates benefit information with referral source as necessary.
- Scans referral paperwork into HCHB timely to ensure that it is made available to field staff.
- Communicates acceptance of referrals clearly with referral sources.
- Dedicated to Hope, Healing and Recovery
- Review and follow up on entitlement verification issues.
- Update Homecare Homebase (HCHB) and computer software as necessary
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing, RN or LVN / LPN and licensed in the state in which he / she currently practices.
- Must possess a minimum of two years' experience in the health care industry and one year experience in home health.
- Experience with Intake responsibilities and working with a multi-location agency.
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment if applicable.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Intake Coordinator Home Health Full Time (71597)
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Registered Nurse Certified