Responsible for performing a variety of housekeeping duties, to maintain an orderly and sanitary condition for the Airport.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Cleans public-use facilities to include Airport terminal/concourses/offices and campus buildings. Tasks include but not limited to dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, grooming, trash and recycling removal, cleaning and sanitizing areas that include but not limited to bathrooms, common areas, escalators, elevators and stairwells, furniture, windows, sidewalks, wall, flat, and floor surfaces.
- Assembles and uses necessary equipment and supplies. This includes but not limited to hand tools, motorized equipment, chemical and cleaning utensils to address specific work assignments.
- Offers assistance to guests that may have questions or concerns.
- Alert to public safety and security concerns. Notifies responsible agencies and/or leadership and supports the outcome.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and up to one year of cleaning experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Security Identification Display Area Clearance (SIDA)
- Applicable OSHA safety standards and other Federal, State and local regulations;
- Methods, techniques and materials used in cleaning maintenance of buildings;
- Personal protective equipment;
- Material safety data sheets.
- Demonstrated skill in following verbal and written instruction;
- Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.