To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Support Representative
EVO Payments, Inc. • Tampa, FL
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are excited to welcome a Technical Support Representative to our growing Tampa office. Join the team behind one of the world's largest financial technology providers. EVO Payments Inc. is a leading publicly traded payments processor servicing 600,000 merchants, and licenses across 50 countries in Europe and North America.
Why work at EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
Why is the role open? We're growing by leaps and bounds through numerous acquisitions and our recent successful IPO. Our unique and diverse culture nurtures and supports personal and professional growth, facilitating internal promotion. Our substantial growth and internal promotions have allowed us the opportunity to add extraordinary talent to our team!
The goal of the role: Our Technical Support Representative’s role is to provide POS technical service and support to EVO’s internal and external merchant base and respective sales channels.
What will you be doing?
- Communicating effectively in both verbal and written formats with peers and customers, internal and external
- Organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects, working in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors
- Resolving specific client issues under tight time constraints
- Working evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as needed
- Understanding and maintaining knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
- Handling confidential material appropriately
- Answering calls, emails, internal work orders and escalation requests in an ACD call queue based setting and in accordance with service level expectations
- Phoning merchants, agents, partners, and other company related entities in accordance with policy and procedures
- Maintaining call queue awareness at all times and maintain adherence to call center operating guidelines as provided by management
- Responding to, following-up, and completing requested assignments in an effective and ongoing manner
- Assisting merchants with reconciling their processed transactions
- Troubleshooting, configuring and performing maintenance functions on POS terminals, peripheral equipment, POS applications and semi-integrated solutions according to set procedures
- Maintaining detail-oriented and customer-centered focus while troubleshooting POS related issues or working requests to ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of work
- Making accuracy and quality a priority by double-checking work prior to completion
- Working with all sales channels to provide ongoing technical support for merchants as defined by the product classification
- Logging interactions, which include calls, emails and maintenance queue, using detailed, specific and professional remarks in internal systems
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of supported systems, up to but not limited to POS downloader systems, third party portals and support/administration tools, front end processing systems and proprietary internal systems
- Attending trainings and completing on-line assessments to maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and information that affect / impact the department and company as a whole, included but not limited to card industry regulations, interchange, dues and assessments, and PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance
- Assisting fellow team members with answers to questions and/or problem resolution via verbal or written communications
- Working independently in a fast paced environment and adhere to deadlines even when under pressure
- Identifying and providing follow-up and timely resolution for all issues presented in the Technical Support work queue
- Performing miscellaneous job duties as assigned by management
- Escalating issues, as necessary, to management on duty
You could be a great fit with these qualifications:
- High School diploma required
- Minimum of 1 year of college or equivalent work experience preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior level, top tier, technical support or customer service help desk role required
- Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Windows based programs required
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, wear a headset, look at a computer monitor and utilize a company approved keyboard required
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, overnight and holidays as needed for support, training and/or conversions required
- Ability to utilize effective time management skills, work effectively under pressure and set personal deadlines, while working with limited supervision required
- Proficient skills in Internet Knowledge/Base navigation, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment required
- Experience with POS debit and credit terminal hardware and software preferred.
- Ability to adapt to frequent or unexpected changes in the work environment and be able to adjust approach or method to best fit the current situation required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making skills required
- Acceptable attendance and performance standards required
- Upon accepted offer, you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.