Got Bills? Got Friends/Family looking for work?
Let’s face it, everyone has bills to pay, and Staffmark can help! As one of the largest national commercial staffing companies in the country, Staffmark has more than 40 years of experience in the staffing industry, and we have the resources to help find the right job for you. Plus, working as a temporary employee is a great way to get your foot in the door at a great company.
• Insurance Verification Specialist | Temp to Hire Opportunity | Beverly Hills Area | Surgery Center POSITION SUMMARY:
Performs clerical functions for patient billing, including verification of insurance information and resolution of problems to ensure a clean billing process. Follows up on accounts that require further evaluation. Works with others in a team environment. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems. • Verify insurance eligibility for both medical and vision insurances for upcoming appointments by utilizing online websites or by contacting the carriers directly. • Review patient deductibles and/or copays and enter into the billing system and spreadsheets provided to the front end department at all locations. • Coordinate with front end regarding scheduling errors. • Assist front end staff and call center staff in understanding carrier websites and verification of eligibility. • Enter insurance referrals as needed. • Participates in development of organization procedures and update of forms and manuals. • Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies. • Works in conjunction with the reception to ensure clean billing. • Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. • Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings. • Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. • Assists in development and communication of SOP for key areas to improve accuracy and understanding of processes. QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Strong knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures. • Proficient in computers and relevant software applications and practice management technology. • Possession of strong problem solving skills and sound judgment. • Ability to collaborate across departments and build effective relationships with internal and external customers to achieve goals. • Knowledge of customer service principles and practices. • Ability to achieve team goals while demonstrating organizational values and utilizing resources responsibly. • Ability to be proactive and take initiative. • Exhibit high level of quality through attention to detail and monitoring of work. • Possession of strong organizational skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as exceptional interpersonal communication skills. • Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments. • Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment. PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
• Prior Insurance Verification experience in a medical office. • Customer service.
Our goal is to set you up for success! If you’re ready to start on the path to your future, apply online at www.staffmark.com with job code: 1200082 or Call or Text us at
(213) 687-9300. Be Safe and Stay Well!!
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Attention To Detail