To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SI Assembler II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Austin, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Benchmark electronics is seeking a SI Assembler II to work with our Production Team.
The SI Assembler II prepares product for systems level assembly to include unpacking, set-up, assembly, final packaging and repair as required.
Location: Round Rock, TX
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Accesses the appropriate paperwork and necessary drawings for each job assignment.
- Verifies kits, enters Batch lot information, packages and labels accessory items according to documented instructions.
- Uses appropriate mats and all required tooling.
- Checks equipment (torque wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) to ensure proper performance.
- May assemble a variety of systems integration sub assemblies.
- Notifies leadership of any shut down situations.
- Enters data into Process Feedback System (PFS) and links subassemblies to final unit.
- Enters quantities into Operations Complete (Baan) when required.
- Builds sub-assemblies and adds labels per manufacturing instructions and schematic drawings.
- Performs systems integration specific hand solder and inspection operations per documented instructions.
- Performs F-cert function to ensure final units have passed through all necessary operations.
- Performs final inspection of unit to ensure there are no visible defects or finger prints and wipes down unit as needed.
- Adds user manuals, accessory packs, cables, labels, etc per documented instructions.
- May assist manufacturing engineering in basic prototype and pre-production builds.
- Uses manufacturing routings and process instructions under minimal supervision.
- Responsible for the Quality of work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
- Mentors other co-workers in assembly activities.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Demonstrates good component recognition skills.
- Understands basic computer skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Work with diverse groups.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
1+ years of experience in basic SI assembly (new build lines, subassembly/final assembly)
Candidate must have High School diploma or GED.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.