Grocery Leads are key players in keeping their teams on track and providing unparalleled guest service. They are the ones who stay on top of department records, processes, standards and methods. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year; Desire to become a Non-union Team Leader required; Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in grocery/dairy or related field; Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Varies by department
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Understand all guest service initiatives and measurement tools (i.e. voice of guest, mystery shoppers).
- Respond to guest calls regarding product inquiries, special orders and product requests.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members.
- Oversee and evaluate training provided to Team Members
- Attend and conduct daily team huddles.
- Write department orders, monitor ordering and supervise stocking and receiving.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using company guidelines
- Take an active role in building the store's product assortment.
- Track and reduce out of stocks and participate in taking of physical inventories.
- Utilize all available tools to help reduce and eliminate shrink.
- Comply and perform self-assessments.
- Pass all internal and external audits.
- Understand and adhere to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments.
- Be willing and able to back up other grocery lead positions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which could include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, guests, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Collective Bargaining
- Food Safety