To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vantiv • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit Vantiv.com for more.
As Vantiv grows, we must be proactive in assuring we stay ahead of the curve with truly cutting-edge products and services. The payments industry is in rapid evolution with the implementation of new technologies. By hiring the best minds that understand that new features and capabilities are just as important as security, Vantiv will continue to beat the competition with our offerings. Whether it's dedicated to new products and services, or ensuring we have the best infrastructure out there, Vantiv is dedicated to tech.
Paymetric is seeking a Linux System Engineer who is responsible for supporting and maintaining 24/7 secure payment processing environment. You will also be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and proprietary Paymetric applications. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. You will investigate and analyze the feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. This individual will also identify methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the Paymetric SaaS Operations department
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
Provide general and routine technical support to a broad range of installation, patching, configuration, updates to operating systems, vendor application and Paymetric's proprietary applications requiring the ability to research, analyze, and resolve problems effectively to meet established performance metrics.
- Maintain documented Business continuity and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Collaborates and contributes with internal customers, team members, software vendors, and other technical staff to develop, design, implement, and continuously improve systems.
- Propose solutions and ideas to drive innovation and efficiency within Paymetric's products and business applications
- Require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
- Experience in supporting highly available, high transaction, production operations in a SaaS environment. Previous experience in the financial space highly desired
- RedHat Enterprise Linux System Administration, including clustering
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and configuration in Linux
- Recent hands on experience with Linux, Apache.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the industry is required.
- VMware vSphere Administration and Support
- Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation with ability to respond to urgent issues quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects, sometimes under pressure and under minimum supervision
- Excellent analytics and troubleshooting skills
- Networking and infrastructure monitoring, management and alerting tools
- Administration of Postgres and MySQL databases and database servers is a plus
- Citrix Netscaler or F5 BigIP administration experience is also a plus
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.