To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specialize equipment that allows communication between a broad spectrum of battlefield interfaces.
Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. “Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)” Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities. Responsibilities are conducted under the guidance of senior level management (Director of Programs, or LOB Lead). This position will function at the lowest level of complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
- Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise
- Perform variance analysis of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with
- Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
- Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict
- Manage inventory effectively
- Manage Internal Research and Development projects
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e.: developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e.: Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Engineering or business degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Solid leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or sub contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization
- Excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
- Program Management preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3)
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful
- About 10% travel
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS