To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Raritan, NJ 08869
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Marketing Director, Customer Strategy
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. • Raritan, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
The Marketing Director, Customer Strategy (“Director”) will be responsible for leading the marketing strategy focused on the clinical laboratory and immunohematology customer communities (“customer”) in North America (“NA”). Through strong leadership and comprehension of the true needs and expectations of the customer, the Director will lead a team of marketing professionals to develop and execute strategic and tactical action plans (“plans”) that align with organizational objectives to deliver business results at or above expectations for the NA commercial organization. Plans will drive awareness and demand for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics’ complete line of products, services and experiences as well as direct and support selling focus for both direct / indirect sales channel partners. The Director will cultivate a compelling value proposition relevant to customers’ needs and wants and drive distinct competitive advantage for selling new products and services as well as expanding assay utilization within the existing NA installed base. The Director will actively participate in all business planning efforts (e.g. marketing plan, annual operating plan (AOP), monthly/quarterly operating reviews, as well as ad hoc projects etc…) including market research, analysis, providing insights, presentation creation and delivery. This role will require considerable time interacting with customers and the field sales and service organizations to capture key insights that will drive planning and actions. Additionally, Director will be a key voice representing the market and business needs of the NA Region to the rest of the ORTHO (e.g. Business Fields, OrthoCare, and Operations). Director ensures excellent collaboration across marketing, sales and commercial excellence.
• Provide leadership, direction, management and development to the customer strategy team as well as the rest of the NA marketing organization.
• Develop, define/refine and implement the NA customer strategy marketing plan to support the achievement of the NA AOP and product placement targets (total, % competitive, cash mix). Establish key performance indicators to measure program effectiveness and track trends
• Maintain and expand a deep understanding of the NA diagnostics market and establish productive relationships with key customers and customer groups
• Drive Launch Excellence for all new product launches from business case through pre-launch planning to execution and attainment of objectives
• Ensure effective product positioning is in place and work with learning and development to ensure knowledge/capability levels are reached with the appropriate commercial personnel
• Prepare and at times present business updates for monthly/quarterly operating reviews, NA / ELT meetings and customer presentations & events
• Drive engagement and market knowledge through field travel, internal relationships, customer visits, trade shows and attendance of sales team meetings and effective communication
• Organize, plan and deliver exceptional experiences for annual sales meetings and key trade shows (e.g. AABB & AACC)
• Integrate customer knowledge and market data to ensure both on-market and future products and solutions have a strong value proposition for both the customer and the company.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Business, Marketing or Healthcare Management
• MBA is preferred but not required
• 10-15+ years of diagnostic experience in a commercial organization with 5+ years in marketing and management.
• Good communication, presentation and platform skills, financial acumen and organizational abilities
• Leadership Attributes:
o Strategic Mindset – Ability to be strategic thought partner for Vice President in shaping overall business strategy
o Driving Engagement – Enables regional Marketing teams to engage and align with NA Commercial organizations
o Collaboration – Partners with Commercial sales leaders and NALT members to drive a common marketing agenda and in-market execution
o Developing Others - Manages, recognizes, and coaches individuals and team as a growth leader
o Situational Adaptability – Ability to be learning agile in order to deal with change and new situations
o Customer Focus - see below section on Customer Excellence
o Customer Excellence - Gathering customer satisfaction data to inform marketing strategy decisions. Effectively and regularly assess and articulate customer needs to appropriate Ortho departments/functions to steer improvement and development of products and services
• Monitor NPS scores for NA and ensure appropriate communication and action plans are in place
• Key Working Relationships Internal: Business Fields, Learning and Development, Vice Presidents, Corporate Accounts, Service, Technical, Customer Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Sales Enablement, Commercial Excellence, Marketing Peers. External: AABB, AACC, key customers, industry consultants, key trade partners & suppliers, other trade associations
• Required travel 30%, primarily US
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org