To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3050 Rio Dosa Drive
Lexington, KY 40509
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Office Clerk
UHS - The Ridge Behavioral Health System • Lexington, KY
Posted 1 month ago
About Universal Health Services:
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
About The Ridge:
The Ridge Behavioral Health System is seeking a dynamic and talented Business Office Clerk. Located in Lexington, KY, the heart of the Bluegrass, The Ridge Behavioral Health System offers a healing environment that is reassuring to a patients’ sense of security and confidentiality. Dedicated to excellence, The Ridge Behavioral Health System is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, as a licensed, 110-bed hospital, providing psychiatric (mental health) and chemical dependency (drug & alcohol rehabilitation) services to children, adolescents and adults. Inpatient care is provided on a 24-hour basis, seven days a week. Outpatient and partial hospitalization services are provided on a six-day per week basis, days and evenings. Care is provided according to an established code of ethical conduct and strict adherence to patient rights. The Ridge Behavioral Health System is owned and operated by Universal Health Services. For more information, visit our website at ridgebhs.com
Answers and directs all incoming calls. Signs in and checks out all visitors, patients and guests. Makes required copies, as needed.
Position Specific Competencies
- Consistently communicates within boundaries of confidentiality policies and procedures with all patients and visitors.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Reports and able to distribute accordingly.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of operating Credit Card Machine and timely reconciles Batch Settlements to CC payment logs.
- Meets with Patient/Guarantors at time of discharge ensuring all information given to patient/family is accurate, responding politely and helpful.
- Meets with Outpatients at time of admission ensuring insurance information given to the patient/family is accurate; responding politely and helpful.
- Speaks in a pleasant, courteous and clear manner.
- Promptly makes eye contact with and greets clients and guests in a pleasant, courteous and clear tone of voice upon presentation.
- Records and routes telephone and in-person messages accurately, completely and promptly.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s various emergency codes response procedures; calls codes on overhead speaker system correctly and audibly.
- Routes mail pieces promptly and to correct individual.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D is required.
- Two years of work experience, preferably in health care accounts receivable area.
- Must be computer literate (Excel and Word).
- Knowledge of working with Insurance reimbursement.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Requires knowledge of general office and phone skills, calculators, as well as excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to handle confidential information and to maintain a pleasant and congenial attitude at all times.