To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
913 South 10th Street
Manchester, IA 52057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Exide Technologies • Manchester, IA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Self-Starter with excellent problem solving, communication and project management skills. Must be able to effectively organize, direct and control all aspects of process related projects with emphasis on safety, budgeting, team building and training. Work effectively with all plant departments to establish operational efficiency of production equipment, process improvements that relate to improved product quality, increased capacity and continuous improvement opportunities.Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Create and sustain a zero injury mindset and culture.
- Create and sustain an atmosphere of teamwork and an above average working relationship with all departments, department supervisors and department managers.
- Introduce, evaluate, and implement new materials, new processes and new equipment
- Provide guidance to project engineers in accomplishment of projects
- Generate and implement cost reduction and product quality improvement ideas
- Utilize lean concepts on projects throughout the plant
- Provide engineering troubleshooting and problem solving assistance to all departments as needed
- Develop and maintain equipment SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Coordinate and implement safety and training programs.
- Coordinate teams relating to the elimination of critical equipment downtime issues (root cause analysis).
- Lead continuous improvement in areas of expertise
- Lead department in identifying best practices that ultimately reduce equipment downtime, i.e. reduce recurring equipment issues, reduce setup time, implement quick-change modules and training.
- Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant engineering degree.
Prior process experience in a manufacturing environment (Two to four years minimum).
Basic Lean Training (Preferred). Must have exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Must be a team oriented person with exceptional communication skills.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.