Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.Entry Level Role-IntegratorsChicago
• New Site Builds (NSB), Carrier Adds, Indoor systems, CRAN, COWs including all necessary elements; installation, commissioning, integration, testing, transport, alarm, power, ground, SIAD, functional and E911 call testing.
• Technical Site Surveys including reviewing and creating associated schematics.
• Prepare and submit accurate documentation of services
• Produce post implementation site packages and field reports including pictures, email and Excel reports
• Assess product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications and improvements
• Provide daily technical and customer support for installed telecommunications systems; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues and alarms.
• Investigate equipment failures to diagnose and improve systems issues
• Installs, repairs, and maintains equipment in the field. Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained
• Estimate time to complete installations and maintenance updates
• Order, install, scan, and return parts and manages the part cycle system
• Ensure compliance with the company’s safety and environmental policies
• Assist with other duties as assignedNOKIA
• Commissioning, decommissioning, integration and testing of NodeB’s, eNodeB’s, Microcells and Macrocells
• Commissioning, integration and testing of the Nokia/AirScale
Skills and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Technology or related field preferred.
- High School diploma and equivalent related experience considered.
- Ability to Troubleshoot and solve problems
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work within Maintenance Window hours (midnight to 6am) or daytime as scheduled based on project scope and adhere reliably to schedule.
- Knowledgeable in cabling (RF, Electrical CAT5/6, T1 Copper, Fiber) and other advanced technologies.
- Ability to represent company with professionalism.
- Ability to travel within a region, market, or out of market on a project basis.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather throughout the year.
- Ability to use technical skills to work independently and within a team and execute responsibilities as well as solve problems.
- Ability to utilize and care for company vehicle and expensive test equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb a 12 ft. ladder; able to use basic hand tools.
- Computer and MS Office proficient.
- Test & Turn-up Experience preferred.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve partnership.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)