100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
General Description. This position within the Accounting/Finance Department will develop and administer the Division's financial activities under the direction of the Division Controller.
Review pay estimates and input monthly progress billings from Project managers schedules
Manage subcontracts, including verification of bonding and insurance, payroll reporting (if applicable) and processing of pay requests
Review month end financial statements, including job cost, plant materials, fixed and variable costs and inventories
Prepare Sales and Use tax returns as needed
Prepare adjusting journal entries validated by Division Controller
Assist with collections, including monitoring of NTO's and processing of liens and releases
Assist Division Controller with preparation of periodic budgets and forecasts
Supervise and/or assist A/P staff across several operating units
Must be flexible to work beyond normal work hours as required to meet project deadlines.
* General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Accounting Supervisor. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required and a Bachelors Degree in Business or Accounting is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with Project Managers and fellow employees. Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required. Prior SAP experience is preferred.
* Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Accounting Supervisor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
* Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
* Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
* The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., moving equipment, backing alarms, or other alarms, instructions/directions from supervisor and/or spotter).
* Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Accounting Supervisor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Work is performed predominately indoors.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company - Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone:
Hubbard Construction Company: Phone:
Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone:
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
- Financial Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Sap Applications