To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mexico, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Specialist - Safety
The Judge Group • Mexico, IN
Posted 17 days ago
Job Reference Code # 605982
Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Plant Specialist - Safety
LOCATION: Mexico, Indiana 49598 (48 miles outside Lafayette and 60 miles outside of Fort Wayne)
SALARY: $60-65K + Overtime after 40 hours.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years manufacturing plant safety experience
RELOCATION: Relocation Package
The Plant Specialist - Safety is responsible to lead, motivate and foster a safety-conscious culture in the workplace to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident free work environment. This individual will work with the managers and employees to ensure adherence to company policies and regulatory requirements. The coordinator is responsible for understanding best practices, recognizing potential hazards, developing necessary resources and communicating the company’s expectations for mitigating hazards. The Plant Specialist - Safety should have the patience and commitment to work “hands on” to help the entire team understand the company's commitment to safety and the need to follow the safety programs and should be committed to spending time in the manufacturing facility on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the team to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies and related policies like OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external communication skills.
- Establishes work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Helps to lead, motivate, and foster a safety-conscious culture in the workplace to reduce incidents and injuries.
- Conducts regular compliance audits and safety inspections of the facility and initiates corrective actions to eliminate hazards and promote a safe work environment.
- Oversees and documents equipment inspections.
- Audits deficiency lists and follows up on repairs.
- Supervise emergency response and evacuation procedures and corresponding practice drills.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency regarding safe work practices.
- Reviews and maintains records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
- Purchases various safety supplies and continuously negotiates the most favorable terms.
- Participates effectively in team initiatives either as a leader or as a supporter.
- Budgets and plans for fiscal accounting year.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provides innovative safety solutions and ideas.
- Has the patience to work “hands on” to help the entire team understand the company’s commitment to safety.
- Inspects facility and the work environment to detect existing or potential accident or health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures.
- Assists with safety programs through Worker’s Compensation Insurance program to ensure the lowest possible premiums.
- Identifies company safety training needs, develops, and implements safety-training programs.
- Interprets and instills a strong safety philosophy to key personnel in organization and builds safety culture within the company.
- Coordinates objectives with safety procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize a safe working environment and minimize accidents.
- Performs audits periodically to insure the plant is operating in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintain safety files and records.
- Mentors Safety Committee.
The Plant Specialist - Safety is an integral part of the Plant Management team. Additional responsibilities include providing informational support to all members of internal management team and working effectively to provide support to corporate team members and other locations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related field preferred
- 2+ years of safety leadership in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong OSHA background
- Direct hands-on safety experience with a comprehension knowledge of safety concepts
- Safety program development and administration preferred