Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) of New York is working with a leading Private Equity backed food distribution and manufacturing firm located in NJ. They are seeking an experienced Director of Credit and Collections to join their Accounting/Finance team! The role reports to the CFO, and manages a staff of 9. The firm acquires other, smaller companies to build and increase their brand. They are looking to grow from $500M to $800M by end of 2020. If you are looking for the next step in your Credit and Collections career, please keep reading!
Responsibilities of the Director of Credit and Collections include:
• Manage research and resolve customer problems to facilitate prompt payment of accounts.
• Daily interaction with sales staff and sales management to facilitate control of customers account balances.
• Manage the maintenance of accounts with relation to Customer Credit Limits and Terms.
• Maintain monthly delinquency reporting by sales representative.
• Advise Senior Management as to credit worthiness of customers and recommend initial credit limits and terms for new customers.
• Manage staff to update customer credit files on a regular basis.
• Negotiate payment schedules to reduce outstanding debt in a timely manner.
• Oversee preparation of daily cash deposit and maintain Accounts Receivable system, inclusive of credit card processing and ACH payment processing.
• Management of all accounts placed for legal collection. Work directly with attorneys on balances due, settlements, bankruptcies, etc.
Requirements of the Director of Credit and Collections include:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting of Finance
• 6+ years of credit experience with at least 2 years of management experience
• Strong understanding of AR, posting cash, and resolving customer issues
• Staff management skills, and ability to build successful team