To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Suwanee, GA 30024
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer 1
MEGGITT • Suwanee, GA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MTSI is a global leader in Live Fire and Virtual training equipment. MTSI currently has ~400 employees in 7 countries - US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Holland, and UAE, performing sales and service activities with a majority of employees located in Suwanee, GA. Most of the production and engineering is performed in Suwanee.
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Mechanical Engineer I
Job Core Responsibilities
- Perform engineering design and development of new products
- Evaluate, design, and modify mechanical parts and assembly components
- Works closely with Subject Matter Experts, Project Engineers, and Hardware Engineers to communicate issues.
- Design using 3D modeling software (Pro/e Creo Wildfire is preferred)
- Responsible to handle technical projects from concept to production
- Knowledge of basic pneumatics
- Knowledge of machining processes and materials
- Ability to learn effective and safe handling of a wide variety of military and police weapons (real and simulators).
- Write detailed test procedures.
- Given requirements, be capable of understanding developed features and functionality well enough to design them.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Windows applications. (Excel, Word, Project)
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
- Interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Accomplish assigned and inferred tasks with minimal supervision as well as a team member.
- Work under pressure and handle multi-tasking.
- Education: BSME with at least 3 years experience or Non-BSME with 8 years of design experience
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].