This is an opportunity to leverage your knowledge and be involved in environmental projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions. As a Senior Environmental Manager
in our Albuquerque, NM
office you will have the opportunity to manage a variety of air, soil, emergency response, and groundwater assessment and remediation compliance projects.
This position is an integral part of our environmental services group and requires a wide array of planning and implementation responsibilities in order to accomplish the objectives of the team. Candidate should have extensive experience with regulatory agencies at the local and state level, federal experience would be a plus. Should have mature relationships in the energy, transportation and/or state and local government.
We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. You'll need to be flexible in your approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering technical project solutions. Responsibilities:
• Existing Client Relationships and further Business Development
• Perform a variety of duties for groundwater and remediation projects to include but not limited to: management, investigation, remediation and monitoring of environmental projects
• Manage and coordinate emergency response field efforts
• Plan and implement environmental field work such as monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring and due diligence assessments
• Prepare routine correspondence, data reports, standardized documents and work plans for internal and client review
• Oversight of contractors and field staff
• Coordinate multiple projects and interface with clients, government agencies and other GHD offices Qualifications:
• B.S.degree in Environmental Geology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field of study
• 8 -10 years of previous project management experience including the management, investigation, remediation and monitoring of environmental projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of environmental regulations and experience working with the NMED and OCD
• OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification Our commitment to you:
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?About GHD:As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)