Accountants, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Accountant and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Accountant your typical day may involve:
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account work papers and supporting schedules.
- Review and evaluate implications of legal documents as they pertain to accounting transactions.
- Prepare and review complex journal entries and coordinate the month-end closing process.
- Record cash disbursements and receipts, prepare accrual entries, and reconcile general ledger account balances.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and other special reporting requirements, including expense allocation process, intercompany activity analysis and consolidation process.
- Account Reconciliation & Work paper Roll-forwards
- Payroll review & reconciliation
- Assist with external auditor requests.
- Research and document GAAP accounting policies including writing memos to support accounting treatment for unique transactions.
- Analyze account balances and prepare variance explanations.
- Supervise and review delegated activities.
- Serve as backup for department tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, preferably a combination of public and corporate accounting.
- Must be able to work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to multitask and work as part of a team to meet team goals in addition to individual responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience with legal document review, financial statements, generally accepted accounting principles, and internal control policies and procedures.
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your financial expertise, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities. It's a great opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level!
Here's what you will need to succeed as a Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of experience
• CPA or CPA candidate
• Public accounting experience; Big 4, desired
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles