Quality Control (QC) Technologist
Viracor Eurofins is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease, and allergy testing. We offer a range of unique clinical laboratory and biopharmaceutical services and provide exceptional test turnaround times. More than 4,000 healthcare providers, commercial laboratories, and biopharmaceutical companies rely on us for our unique and convenient services.
Viracor Eurofins is searching for a Quality Control (QC) Technologist I, II or III
in Lee's Summit, MO .
This is a Full Time
position. Schedule is Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM,
with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lee's Summit, Missouri are encouraged to apply.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Quality Control Technologist is primarily responsible for initiating the required QC of materials, reagents, data, and equipment; reviewing documented findings and ensuring associated reporting is completed according to requirements.
- Duties/ responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Produce accurate and reproducible results when performing pipette and other calibrations
- Assist with administration duties within the department and investigation activities
- Assist or Lead with inventory management of pipettes
- Assist with proficiency testing program sample and report management
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Assist with other duties as required
Fully meets the responsibilities of Level I. Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- The formal and alternate proficiency testing programs, ensuring that the appropriate samples are identified correctly, paperwork and communications are handled appropriately
- Training, Competency and Continuing education activities. Ensuring documentation of events and participants, research and present programs in cooperation with manager and lab director.
- The company-wide Non-conformance program by assisting with tracking and report generation as directed
- The QC program for critical laboratory reagents, including lot-to-lot qualification, in collaboration with lab management
- The notifiable disease reporting program, ensuring that the program is current and compliant with all accreditation and regulatory requirements at all times
- Laboratory equipment schedules, including management of calibration/maintenance tracking program/software, temperature monitoring system, and pipette calibration program, ensuring that calibrations are correct and current
- Any data reporting, internal or external client reports created, using Excel or other software utilized for reporting, trending and tracking
- Any benchmarking programs in which the lab participates
- Small projects within the department to successful conclusion
Assist with training of staff as indicated by manager
Participate in creation/revision of SOPs for the Laboratory QC department as required
Participate in continual quality improvement projects company-wide
Fully meets the responsibilities of Level II. Other duties may include but are not limited to the following:
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- The formal and alternate proficiency testing programs, ensuring that the programs are current and compliant with all accreditation and regulatory requirements at all times
- The laboratory QC module (LAQC or equivalent), including providing necessary reports and support to lab management in a timely manner
- The company-wide Non-conformance program, ensuring that events/investigations are handled in a timely and appropriate manner and monthly and quarterly reports are provided to management in a timely manner
- The training and competency program for the laboratory including admin for software utilized for documentation of competency/training. Provide reports, monitor completion, keep records up to date, and ensure training/new hire checklists are current and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve documents and records for accuracy as required
- Manage continual quality improvement projects company-wide
- Assist management personnel in developing and reviewing technical and operational policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent required; BS or BA in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science preferred
- Ability to initiate tasks and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated quality team
- Ability to prioritize and organize efficient work flow, demonstrating excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers/vendors when required
- Comfortable working in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word including common applications in laboratory use
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records with great attention to detail, according to good documentation practices
- Position may require working hours outside of the normal work schedule when necessary
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Familiarity with good laboratory practices and laboratory test methodologies
- Familiarity of quality control concepts and methods including Westgard rules and Levey-Jennings graphs
- High level of proficiency with commonly used computer programs
- Ability to work proactively in a very self-directed manner, taking initiative as required
- Ability to make sound decisions with little or no supervision, including generating test data, performing analysis and making acceptance or rejection decisions
What we offer:
- BS or BA in biological, physical, chemical, or clinical laboratory science with at least one year of clinical laboratory experience required, 6 years preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of quality control concepts and methods including Westgard rules and Levey-Jennings graphs
- Ability to assist in determining overall priorities for department
- Ability to function as a resource to support process and method improvement initiatives
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as necessary in the laboratory (4 or more hours)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 15 pounds
- Physical dexterity sufficient to move body frequently around laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment may consist of exposure to infectious disease, bio hazardous and hazardous materials, and regulated medical waste.
To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams, reference labs and biopharmaceutical companies get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients we serve. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
Product Quality Assurance
Attention To Detail