Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) has transformed itself into a leader in ambulatory surgical centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital-system partnerships. With Service Excellence as one of our core values, we are transforming the current Information Technology department to better position SCA as the industry leader in surgical care. Our IT team is focused on providing our partnerships and management teams with timely, quality technology that is reliable and helpful.
We are seeking an exceptional leader to fill the role of Director of Enterprise Application Platforms and lead our Enterprise Application Platform team. SCA's enterprise application platforms are customized, vended platforms which are core to our business, and include Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Human Capital Management (HCM), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platforms. The role of Director of Enterprise Application Platforms is responsible for partnering and collaborating with our Support Service leaders to design, implement, and maintain creative business and technology solutions for all strategic platforms within the enterprise. The Director of Enterprise Application Platforms will strive to become a highly valued and trusted partner to our business by providing customer transparency, improving our customer and supplier engagement, driving rapid value realization, and ensuring the continued success of all enterprise application platforms.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Providing strategic IT leadership to the platform leaders to develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the enterprise application platforms
- Being the leader for all enterprise application platforms and guiding the team and business partners through large complex initiatives, like socializing support models and processes, establishing governance mechanisms and setting up User Community forums
- Promoting the success of our enterprise application platforms by accelerating the growth and adoption of our new HCM Platform; refreshing functionality with our ERP platform; overseeing the selection, migration, and optimization of EMR platforms; and leading Digital Transformation at SCA
- Providing project oversite on large IT initiatives to the platform leaders, business leaders, and vendors to ensure platforms and tools drive strategic organizational change initiatives
- Advising platform leaders and business owners on industry standards, innovative technology solutions, clarity on the right tool for the business case and bring structure to uncertain business environments
- Fostering continuous improvement in all stages of the product life cycle (Development, Introduction, Growth, Maturity, and Decline) for the enterprise platforms. Determining product value to the business relative to cost, functionality, security, and compliance through application rationalization, and selection of innovate solutions or product offerings
- Providing leadership on vendor management oversight for enterprise application platforms. Fostering proactive collaborative relationships with vendor partners and monitoring vendor performance and compliance
- Guiding the creation of processes, procedures, and documentation necessary to operate efficiently for the enterprise platforms in an ever-changing environment
- Ensuring the team is focused on delivering results and providing value to the business that meet customer needs, exceed their expectations, and facilitate appropriate resourcing to meet timely completion
- Recruiting, mentoring, and developing a team of platform leaders by understanding their personal growth opportunities, desired career ambitions, and opportunities for mentorship to help them succeed
- Cultivating a passion to learn and grow both technically and professionally so that learning becomes contagious across the team
- Being accountable for the success and/or failure of all initiatives and results by the team
- Executing the responsibilities of the enterprise application platform leader as directed by senior leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business, IT (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 7+ years of experience managing large enterprise, complex, information system projects and healthcare operations experience
- Five years of leading the vision, strategy, and execution of one or more enterprise platforms such as an ERP, HCM, ITSM, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), or EMR technologies are required
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience with UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group), Kronos, Tableau, Dynamo, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, ServiceNow, SharePoint, and/or Electronic Medical Record systems
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Proven hands-on, people-first leadership skills and ability to influence the direction of large teams and organizations
- Solid knowledge of planning, implementing and leading complex projects and/or organizations
- Proven high emotional intelligence, sound judgment, and enterprise team thinking
- Collaborative style with ability to engage many diverse stakeholders
- Highly effective communicator, capable of delivering complex ideas in a manner understood by all audiences
- Vendor management and negotiation skills
- Ability to see and understand end-to-end processes, cross boundary dependencies and downstream effects
- Ability to identify potentially relevant trends and emerging technologies; forecast their impact and utility; and act accordingly
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with Teams
- Commitment to SCA Vision, Mission and Values
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Enterprise Application Platforms, Birmingham, AL, Alabama, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote