The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
Claims Team Lead - Liability (Phoenix, AZ)
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
With one of the largest teams of liability experts in the world, Sedgwick supports and resolves property, general, auto, product and professional liability claims. We help our clients maintain brand protection in times of crisis.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To supervise the operation of multiple teams of examiners and technical staff for liability claims for clients; to monitor colleagues' workloads, provide training, and monitor individual claim activities; to provide technical/jurisdictional direction to examiner reports on claims adjudication; and to maintain a diary on claims in the teams including frequent diaries on complex or high exposure claims.
Flexible work schedule
Referral Incentive Program
Internal career progression and development
Benefits eligibility and 401(k) with company match day 1
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises multiple teams of examiners, multiple product line examiners and/or several (minimum seven) technical operations colleagues for a wide span of control; may delegate some duties to others within the unit.
* Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and issues as well as recommended course of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and coordinates with management projects for the office.
* Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to examiner reports on claims adjudication.
* Compiles reviews and analyzes management reports and takes appropriate action.
* Performs quality review on claims in compliance with audit requirements, service contract requirements, and quality standards.
* Acts as second level of appeal for client and claimant issues regarding claim specific, procedural or special requests; implements final disposition of the appeal.
* Reviews reserve amounts on high cost claims and claims over the authority of the individual examiner.
* Monitors third party claims; maintains periodical review of litigated claims, serious vocational rehabilitation claims, questionable claims and sensitive claims as determined by client.
* Maintains contact with the client on claims and promotes a professional client relationship; makes recommendations to client as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes of specific claims as requested by client.
* Assures that direct reports are properly licensed in the jurisdictions serviced.
* Ensures claims files are coded correctly and adequate documentation is made by claims examiners.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
* Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
* Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required. Professional certifications as applicable to line of business preferred.
Six (6) years of claims experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include two (2) years claims supervisor experience.
Skills & Knowledge
* Thorough knowledge of claims management processes and procedures for multiple product lines
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Leadership/management/motivational skills
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring