To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moorpark, CA 93021
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Moorpark, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Benchmark products and designs have been seen at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and in Hollywood. America’s women and men in uniform count on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe and our work is part of many of the commercial aircraft seen crisscrossing the skies. Products we engineer live inside some of the world’s fastest computers and are saving lives every day in hospitals and surgical suites around the globe. Benchmark is a world-leading, top-10 EMS provider of integrated electronic manufacturing services with total revenues exceeding $2.5B and with employees in 7 countries on 3 continents offering everything from product development to regional PCB build – including system level assembly in the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia. We provide service to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of computers and related products for business enterprises, medical devices, industrial control equipment (which includes equipment for the aerospace and defense industry), testing and instrumentation products, and telecommunication equipment, including Benchmark offers customers comprehensive and integrated design and manufacturing services from initial product design to volume production including direct order fulfillment and post-deployment services. Our precision technology manufacturing capabilities complement our proven electronic manufacturing expertise by providing further vertical integration of critical mechanical components. These capabilities include precision machining, advanced metal joining, assembly and functional testing for multiple industries including medical, instrumentation, aerospace and semiconductor capital equipment. Benchmark can provide specialized engineering services, including product design, printed circuit board layout, prototyping, automation and test development. We believe that we have developed strengths in the manufacturing process for large, complex, high-density printed circuit boards as well as the ability to manufacture high and low volume products in regions such as China, Malaysia, Mexico, Romania and Thailand. Our Moorpark, CA location is looking for an Accountant. The Accountant provides financial analytical support by collecting, compiling and assisting in the preparation of various reports for customer pricing, accounting and profitability analyses. May also assist in coordinating and/or performing some aspects of the General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets and Expense Account Analysis functions within the Finance department.
Essential Functions and Competencies
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Record and maintain entries in the general ledger
• Ensure sub-ledgers are reconciled to the general ledger
• Compile and contribute to or generate Corporate/internal monthly financial statements and other related financial reports
• Ensure compliance with Corporate reporting requirements
• Analyze and recap preliminary various balance sheet and expense accounts
• Maintain and ensure the proper recording of fixed asset transactions in the fixed assets software
• Calculate and contribute to analysis of monthly depreciation and gains/losses on sales of fixed assets
• Maintain capital equipment budget and related depreciation forecast
• Ensure proper application of sales and use taxes
• Reconcile bank statements for various cash accounts
• Assist in the preparation of document package of customer pricing of material, direct labor and engineering efforts
• Gather and organize data for an analysis of previous customer pricing to current pricing
• Assimilate and prepare data for journal entries related to customer non-recurring engineering activities
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with program management, operations, purchasing and accounting functions
• Participate in the preparation of forecasts and reports for cost, sales, income, bookings, backlog, manpower, material and other related data
• Prepare information to be used in the development and monitoring of departmental labor and expense budgets
• Prepare customer pricing packages of material, direct labor and engineering efforts for program personnel, company management and customers
• Effective organization and prioritization skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Proven ability to demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism when representing Benchmark
• Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
• Ability to work successfully as an individual or on teams
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools; Participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• Ability to travel as required
• 4 Year accounting degree or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management;
• 0-2 years related experience; working knowledge of spreadsheet applications; general ledger experience in a manufacturing environment preferred: Entry Level Professional Other Requirement:
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Accounting / Finance
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.