GDIT is hiring a Financial Analyst to join our team to provide planning, programming, budgeting and execution support to the Department of Army (USAMMDA) located iat the GDIT office (not on customer site) in Frederick, MD.
Learn More About USAMMDA URL blocked - click to apply
The financial support includes the following tasks:
- Support product managers in budgetary and financial functions associated purchase and procurement of goods/services.
- Support all aspects of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System to include but not limited to: Program Objective Memorandum Program Decision Memoranda, Program Budget Decisions, Future Years Defense Program, and Budget Estimate Submission, Execution Reviews, Fiscal Year Budget Planning.
- Use the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), initiate Purchase Requisitions, execute monthly financial reports for obligations and disbursement rates, and query multiple reports.
- Prepare contract packages to support timely awards and facilitate the acquisition process, as needed, to ensure contracts and agreements operate smoothly.
- Analyze and provide reports on programmatic planning and execution data, provide periodic updates to financial plans inclusive of planned release schedules, current fiscal year activity, and prepare reports that will be used to brief senior leadership.
- Recommend methods for effective and efficient use of funding in the budget and planning years, and analyze obligation and disbursement rates against budget. As budgetary financial challenges arise, seek resolution approaches to resolve and ensure funding is utilized appropriately. Prepare contract packages to support timely awards and facilitate the acquisition process, as needed, to ensure contracts and agreements operate smoothly.
- Have the ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 5 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
- Have excellent Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, required.
- Must be U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Familiarity with GFEBS and PPBES, a plus.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.