Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
PUPORSE AND SUMMARY
The Senior Engineering Draftsman is to design mechanical systems and develop drawings used in the construction and maintenance process of these systems. Senior designer is also expected to coach and mentor other designers as needed.
- •Performs layout work and is proficient in using basic tools and surveying equipment such as transits and total station to gather field data used in plant design
- •Develops accurate drawings using computer and drafting software (Cadworx & Autocad)
- •Reviews the work of other draftsmen and designers within the department to insure proper specs are used, NDE requirements are met, and standards are followed
- •Understands PID’s and can update or develop new drawings as required
- •Checks the work of all draftsmen within the department, to insure proper specs are used, NDE requirements are met, and standards are followed
- •Has a high degree of understanding on using the equipment and software necessary to do their job
- •Adheres to all safety rules and procedure when working in the refinery, and stays current on all Computer Based Training (CBT’s)
- •Has a good understanding of pipe specs, standards and specifications and adheres to following them
- •Updates the Line List, Drawing Indexes, and Equipment Lists and keeps track of drawings that are checked out to outside engineering firms
- •Oversees outside contractors ensuring the deliverables they supply Calumet meet our requirements. This may include checking their work for accuracy and assisting them in finding drawings and information they may need
- •Understands and follows drafting procedures to standardize work done in house
- •Develops and maintains electronic pipe specs used in developing drawings within CadWorx
- •Performs CAD management functions like developing and managing electronic pipe specs used in developing drawings within CadWorx. Develops template files and layering designation
- •Develops drafting procedures to standardize internal and external work and keep procedures current
- •Issues drawings for review, approval and construction and maintaining a file folder on each project for documentation and future reference
- •Stays current on all software used in the department
- •Develops charts, graphs or any other graphics that may be required
- •Assists in locating underground lines or finding drawings or engineering documents within our engineering file system
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial technology or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of piping design and drafting experience in a refinery or chemical plant
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using AutoCad and CadWorx software or equivalent.
- Proficient in using CadWorx 2015 Spec Editor or equivalent and developing pipe specs
- Proficient in using basic tools and surveying equipment
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 3+ years of prior supervisory/management experience
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic
- Leadership capabilities and experience
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Complex Problem Solving
Computer Aided Design