Home Instead Senior Care is seeking a First Impression Specialist to join our team.
As the face of Home Instead Senior Care, the First Impression Specialist (FIS) plays a critical role in creating an inviting environment for all customers, both in person and on the phone. Likewise, the FIS plays a significant role in enhancing the CAREGiver experience and creating positive impressions. This position handles office and administrative duties to allow a consistent full-time networking effort critical to building the business. As the face of Home Instead, this team member must demonstrate our core value, Love (v.), in all interactions with internal and external customers and staff: patience, kindness, humility, selflessness, respectfulness, forgiveness, honesty and commitment.
- Ensure a welcoming experience for guests as they enter the office by:
- Taking ownership and keeping the front foyer area neat and free of clutter
- Ensuring that any materials placed in the foyer area are approved by management prior to placement
- Greeting and welcoming each guest in a friendly, warm, and professional manner
- Ensuring expected visitor names are listed on the welcome screen in the foyer area
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and transfer incoming calls to the appropriate staff member
- May serve as a resource to CAREGivers who contact us to talk, share stories, ask questions, etc., with a focus on building strong relationships with our professional CAREGivers
- Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with other staff members as appropriate
- Support General Manager by performing administrative tasks, such as reporting
- Support other administrative staff members by:
- Assisting with monthly CAREGiver events
- Handling payroll stuffers (e.g. event announcements, newsletters, etc.)
- Writing and routing birthday, anniversary and sympathy cards
- Work with the staff and CAREGivers to correct clock in and clock out discrepancies
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the operating system
- Ensure Home Instead Senior Care standards are met and upheld
- May order and stock office supplies
- Assist with filing and other support duties as needed
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of related business experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Prior experience as a CAREGiver preferred
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in addition to using database programs
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to build strong relationships in a warm and compassionate way
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate a multiple phone line system
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described responsibilities of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision. The employee must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment and local field setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment as well as equipment necessary to fulfill client needs. Minimal travel to clients may be required.
Hours are: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.