To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Category Strategy Manager
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Cleveland, OH
Posted 27 days ago
TEGNA is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. We have committed vast resources to transform our company through various initiatives including the launch of our new "Over-the-Top" advertising services business, Premion.
Premion (www.premionmedia.com) is leading the way at the local and regional level with advertisers and connecting them to premium, long form episodic content from over 125 network partners (e.g. Fox, Sling, Discovery, Pluto, Xumo and more).
Premion seeks a Category Strategy Manager in New York, NY to analyze trends, identify leads, develop insights and organize planning for Premion's strategic industries and categories. This position will report to our Head of Sales Strategy.
Currently TEGNA employs salesforces in 42 US markets within its station groups and regional markets who are representing Premion within those and their surrounding markets. This is an excellent career opportunity with a thriving team environment at an exciting, cutting-edge media organization!
- Organize plans for business categories and industries that will provide strategic revenue growth
- Analyze research and articles with trends, statistics and actionable data
- Create materials and presentations to grow our sales team's expertise & focus
- Develop awareness for seasonal and cyclical business opportunities throughout the year
- Identify major accounts and leads for sales to pursue
- Generate and maintain a list of industry and trade events to grow brand and develop leads in strategic business categories
Collaborate with marketing and sales enablement
- College degree with 3-5 years broadcast/cable/digital, research, sales or marketing experience
- Experience doing research and building presentations
- Exceptional knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-pressured environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Superior organizational skills - must be able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with confidence, balance and vigor.
- Time management - ability to work successfully within tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Premion (www.premionmedia.com,) a division of TEGNA, is a first-in-market advertising services platform that offers ad insertion to local and regional advertisers targeting viewers consuming premium long-form episodic content "over-the-top," in one streamlined solution. Premion has rolled out nationwide with ability to deliver campaigns in single and multiple DMAs, leveraging Premion's Direct Sales team and TEGNA's sales force of more than 700 across the country, connecting its more than 28,000 local and regional advertising clients.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.