To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Six Sigma Consultant, UHC Benefit Ops - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Are you a subject matter expert using Six Sigma methodology to deliver outstanding results? Would you enjoy working in a culture that values integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance? Assist us with strategic initiatives crossing business teams and operating groups as a Six Sigma Black Belt by championing the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement projects as part of our Continuous Process Improvement team.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with a team to provide end to end continuous quality improvement
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Work within a specific knowledge area
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Work with minimal guidance
- Translate concepts into practice
- Act as a resource for others with less experience
- Consult and work with management in identifying process improvement opportunities
- Quantify quality results and trends and implement actionable improvements for the organization
- Champion coordination and collaboration in all project, quality and implementation activities
- Interact with internal business units to expand quality discipline in all functional areas of the department
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and monitoring of quality programs
- Serve as a catalyst for change
- BA/BS degree related field and/or equivalent education and experience
- Six Sigma experience
- 2+ years of experience in process improvement, quality management, project management and/or business analysis
- Understand the metrics used to measure performance
- Demonstrated ability to be multifunctional, to work with appropriate departments for the development of reporting needs and educational / staff development needs
- At least intermediate skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely and to ability to facilitate meetings
- Proven excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Black Belt experience or Green Belt Certification
- Skills in MS Access, Visio, Minitab
- Healthcare and/or insurance industry experience
- Experience in Provider Service
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.