Be a part of a fast pace environment and a awesome team!Responsibilities
The Unit Secretary is directly accountable to the Manager, and indirectly to the Charge Nurse, and / or House Supervisor. The Unit Secretary performs indirect care in the department setting. Facilitates the communication needs of the department. Transcribes physician orders from records (in the absence of CPOE and EMR clinical documentation system) with notation and signature by nursing staff. Prepares and complies records on the Emergency Room. Orders supplies for the unit, prepares and completes each patients chart for necessary forms needed on a daily basis. Able to assist nursing staff for duties involving indirect patient care. We are seeking an energetic unit secretary.Qualifications
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or relevant experience required for all new hires
2. Basic dysrhythmia training on hire.
3. Medical terminology preferred.
4. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
5. Experience using computers for word processing, database management preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Basic Life Support