This position reports directly to the Director of Land Acquisitions. The position is responsible for managing the division’s land acquisitions program and for promoting positive/effective relationships with land sellers and the brokerage community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist in the development and implementation of business plan strategies, including the monitoring/documenting of the division’s land acquisition needs/issues and the formulation/recommendation of related programs/solutions. Prepare and periodically update annual objectives, budgets and schedules for assigned programs.
- Perform a lead role in land acquisitions negotiations and administer purchase documentation, financial analysis and due diligence processes, title report/insurance matters, and the monitoring of compliance with related pre-closing commitments/agreements.
- Assist in land division profile/brochure preparation, including coordination of quality collateral materials preparation and the distribution/control of information conveyed.
- Implement and maintain a land acquisition deal log and tracking system for all division acquisitions transactions. Prepare periodic reports on deal status versus business plan assumptions and include information pertaining to acquisition strategy/ financial projections, schedule, assigned tasks and responsibilities. Develop and maintain a historical land acquisition database.
- Perform liaisons role with the land brokerage community and ensure that the division is adhering to all related contractual obligations and taking advantage of all opportunities provided by brokerage contacts.
- Formulate division land acquisition processes and procedures that insure effective land prospecting, compilation of competitive/comparable land transactions, and coordination of acquisition efforts with other Lennar entities.
- Assist in the preparation and control of division land acquisitions budgets and administer related vendor contracts, change orders, check requests and invoices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four (4) – six (6) years of experience in land acquisition, marketing and/or administrative positions with residential or land development firms, or consulting firms serving real estate industry clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Preferred emphasis in marketing, business, real estate or a related real estate field
- Excellent human relations skills and be able to negotiate/influence the cooperative efforts of others, both within and beyond direct lines of personal authority
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Must have initiative and be able to achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations
- Computer literacy, especially regarding word processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of sales/negotiating principles and real estate practices
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-5484
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The history of our Company is amazing. Lennar began in 1954, as F&R Builders, co-founded by Gene Fisher and Arnold Rosen. In 1956 Leonard Miller joined F&R by investing $10,000 and replacing Gene as Arnold’s partner. Through Leonard’s guidance and Arnold’s attention to construction, our hallmark traits of Quality, Value and Integrity were born. In 1970 we became a public Company under the corporate banner of Lennar, a combination of Leonard and Arnold’s names.
View the full profile
Through the years, Lennar has grown to a disciplined and spirited team of Associates who have fine-tuned the art of identifying and capturing opportunities to grow and become an even better Company. The result is a long proven track record of strategically timed and impeccably executed expansions into new markets. As a result, Lennar now builds homes in some of the most desirable cities and states to live in all across America, and has now become one of the most respected homebuilders in the nation.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds affordable, move-up and retirement homes in Communities that cater to almost any lifestyle – such as urban, golf course, Active Adult or suburban Communities.