Vaco Indianapolis has partnered with a client in Martinsville, IN in search of an HR Generalist. If you feel you would be a good fit, apply today!This role is located fully in office.
Reporting to the CFO, provides administrative support on all personnel matters and assists with benefit administration, employee events, payroll processing onboarding and recruiting.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel, and research information.
- Leads recruiting process for hiring of new team members.
- Leads employee engagement process (events, EE of the Month, etc.)
- Ensures employees understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Administers health, welfare and retirement plans including enrollments and terminations.
- Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems.
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Coordinates annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year.
- Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with communicating changes to employees.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Prepares government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Provides administrative support as needed (e.g. correspondence, record keeping, compile reports, file maintenance).
- Coordinates employee relations activities.
- Assists CFO with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned, including payroll processing and onboarding of new hires.
- An associate degree in human resource management, or two to four years' experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience
- Problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for handling a variety of employee questions and concerns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Customer Service
- Human Resources