You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Bibliophiles Apply! - Book store Manager - Located in Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Located in Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
GROW With US!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
This Bookstore Manager Position Is For You, If You Would Enjoy
Salary of $45,000
• Being responsible for bookstore and book operations through management & training, direct responsibility, leading by example, and coordination across the location
• Being responsible for ensuring local compliance with all book & bookstore specific processes & brand standards, as well as achieving sales & profit goals, fostering a local bookselling culture, and exemplifying Hudson's core values at Ink by Hudson
• Working at the Baltimore Airport
The Team is counting on you as a Bookstore Manager to:
• Love Books
• Provide flexibility to work long/ irregular hours any day of the week, weekends, and holidays
• Oversee 10 employees
• Oversee 3 stores
Bookstore Manager Manager Key Accountabilities:
• Through management & training, direct responsibility, leading by example, and coordination across the location, ensure local compliance with all book & bookstore specific processes & brand standards such as promotions, ordering, receiving, returns, merchandising, and customer service while ensuring compliance with all company policies, processes, and standards within areas of responsibility
• Ensure space & quantity survey information is correct for bookstores, books & sidelines
• Monitor bookstore & book department sales and performance locally. Identify goals & issues, create solutions, and celebrate successes; share results as appropriate
• Assist in recruiting, hiring, training & development for local booksellers
• Demonstrate Hudson core values
• Make recommendations to General Manager & decisions as appropriate for scheduling and staffing levels to ensure operational & financial success in bookstores, book, & sideline related activities across the location. Directly oversee book associates
• Plan and execute/ensure execution of weekly promotional change out including receiving, returns, re-orders, and proper placement of current promotions, bestsellers and signs
• Manage or ensure completion of all administrative responsibilities of the location including book related system tasks (receiving, returns, inventory, local associate access & training) in SAP, Worldlink, & Basil on a timely & accurate basis
• Order, receive & return books and other bookstore merchandise (sidelines, gifts, records, magazines)
• Ensure stores are merchandised to maximize sales potential of key titles
• Organize, order & create displays & sections for thematic, locally themed, and/or locally outperforming titles, categories & products as appropriate within company guidelines and to maximize sales
• Demonstrate knowledge of the book business and bookselling
• Participate in & encourage a bookselling culture locally - share book information & recommendations with booksellers & customers, write & solicit shelftalkers, encourage employee discount or lending library, train hand-selling & book specific customer service, etc.
• Manage day-to-day business issues and opportunities. Assist in overall location management & support as needed
• Strong leadership qualities with a positive and determined attitude
• Enthusiasm to work for and contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of & interest in the book business and bookselling
• Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Be proficient in Excel and computer skills
• Be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time, work in a varied environment, and be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• At least five years previous bookstore leadership experience
• Familiarity with Edelweiss, SAP, and/or Basil book system
• Associates degree or above
• Five or more years of retail store management experience
• Previous multi-store unit management experience
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: fqn6jkb
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.