Inclusion Companion candidates works 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 with an individual(s) with a disability in different recreation settings.
We are specifically recruiting for the following placements:
Before and After School Care – An Inclusion Companion helps an individual with a disability in our Member Agency’s before and after school programs alongside other typical developing peers. Looking for applicants with the following full or partial availability: Oswego
Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 11:30am
Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 9:00am
Monday – Friday, 3:30pm-6:00pm St. Charles:
Monday – Friday, 3:00pm-6:00pm Geneva
Monday – Friday, 2:15pm-6:00pm Job Purpose:
To assist in providing recreation programs for individuals with disabilities in their communities while promoting a safe and enjoyable recreation experience.The goal of inclusion is to help the client participate in the least restrictive environment with peers without disabilities. As a companion, you will assist one or more individual(s) who has requested special assistance to participate in the program in which they registered. This involves but is not limited to; assisting the individuals with social skills, personal care needs, understanding and following rules and directions and/or modifying an activity so they can participate. Qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Must demonstrate dependability, promptness and punctuality.
- Display an attitude of enthusiasm and commitment in providing recreation opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate fully and learn new skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Actively support and follow through with the assigned member agency’s policies and safety program.
- Assist with the activity and any accommodations required for inclusive participation by the individual with a disability in the member agency recreation program.
- Become actively involved in the program.
- Attend to the participants personal care needs (toileting, changing, feeding) if approved by the Inclusion Manager and Inclusion Specialist.
- Must check in with the Member Agency Staff prior to each program and the Inclusion Specialist bi-weekly.
- Must be able to understand the needs of persons with disabilities and adapt activities to enable participation.
- Enforce safety rules and improve employee and public knowledge of the same by confronting and correcting unsafe behavior and conditions.
- Immediately report all accidents and unsafe conditions to the Inclusion Specialist or Inclusion Manager and the Member Agency Staff.
- Cooperate and assist in the investigation of accidents.
- Have transportation to travel to and from various work sites in the seven member agencies.
- Collaboration - Promotes and supports work teams and groups
- Responsiveness - Focuses on the customer, willingly helps others and provides prompt service
- Assurance - Conveys trusts and inspires confidence
- Empathy - Deals with individuals, appreciates their differences, handles emotions and shows compassion for others
- Initiative - Begins and follows through energetically with plans and tasks
- Gather, load, transport and set-up equipment and supplies for activities.
- Supervise individuals, including at times the use of physical restraints.
- Physically assist individuals in wheelchairs
This job operates both inside in classrooms, gymnasiums, multi-purpose rooms and exercise rooms as well as outside at different activity fields, parks, playgrounds, etc. The noise level can range from quiet to loud. When working inside conditions can include different types of lighting and temperatures. When working outside you may be exposed to different types of weather conditions.
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.