To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Credit Analyst - Transportation Finance, Commercial Banking
BMO Harris Bank • Irving, TX
Posted 1 month ago
This position is jointly responsible with the Relationship Managers for effectively interacting with clients to enhance their relationship with the Bank. The loan size is typically greater than $1 Million and up to bank’s legal lending limit. This role is a key player on deal teams, collaborating and generating solutions to current and perspective clients within Commercial Banking. The role is responsible for making credit decisions in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures. This role oversees ongoing monitoring of client portfolio performance to maximize penetration and return.
A. Credit Assessment (65 %)
B. Sales Support and Partnership (15 %)
C. Management of Team and Team Workflow (10 %)
D. Client Performance Management (10 %)
A. Credit Assessment & Risk Management
- Collaborate with relationship managers to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
- Actively manage client solution opportunities within portfolios.
- Operate as key member of the deal team and coordinate preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize penetration and returns.
- Institute cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
- Provide deal structuring expertise.
- Negotiate transactions with clients.
- Maintain awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitate means of receiving continuous updates.
- Provide accurate financial analysis and oversight of new and existing bank customers.
- Proven background in the review and analysis of complex financial statements and tax returns submitted by applicants and is capable of evaluating their ability to repay, and consultation of structure, collateral and ownership.
- Protect the Bank’s assets and maintain quality of portfolio by adhering to lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk management guidelines. Ensure all Commercial Banking Business is in conformity with Bank Policies and other guidelines
- Exercise individually held unilateral discretionary limits, as well as any held prescribed approval discretionary limits (i.e., credit applications), ensuring credit decisions and recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and related procedures; completing analysis; confirming security valuations; completing and approving credit applications for authorizations under Lending Policy
- Adhere to Know Your Customer Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering
B. Client Performance Management
- Oversee documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
- Actively manage portfolio to maximize return and credit quality.
- Prepare/oversee preparation of concise, well reasoned credit correspondence.
- Obtain credit concurrence as client advocate.
- Monitor high risk loans via established procedures, with transfers Special Assets Monitoring Unit as appropriate.
- Ensure that renewals are completed on a timely basis to avoid any administrative past dues.
- Ensure that annual loan renewals, reviews and monitoring are completed in a timely fashion to avoid any administrative past dues.
C. Sales Support and Partnerships
- Maintain key ongoing contact with lending clients in conjunction with relationship managers.
- Work with specialists as needed to support cross-sell opportunities.
- Maintain and promote a customer service environment, to include satisfying and exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Increase share of wallet with customer by identifying cross-sell opportunities or enhance existing services by recommending, credit, deposit, cash management, etc.
D. Management of Workflow
- Effectively manage work flow by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
- Lead team to success by capturing opportunities for ongoing mentoring, coaching, and career development of analysts and associates.
- An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience (in-depth knowledge) in negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Products, Commercial Lending Process, Commercial Lending Directives, all supporting processes and technology
- Proven, expert level credit analysis experience/ understanding.
- In-depth knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Formal credit training and prior lending authority.
- Working knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Working knowledge and ability to execute Risk Management practices and strategies.
- Excellent abilities in business development and cross-selling success.
- Highly developed (in-depth) written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and cogent credit correspondence.
- Exceptional (in-depth) analytical skills.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building.
- Ability to advocate persuasively (in-depth level).
- Ability to work under limited supervision
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.