Lead Oracle Application and Database Developer
Contract to Hire
Apex Systems, the nation's largest publicly traded IT Services Firm is looking for a Lead Oracle Application and Database Developer to support one of their Fortune 500 Oil & Gas clients in Cleveland, Ohio. This resource will be asked to provide support and independently work on Oracle Database development. In this role, they will help design, develop, code review, and deploy quality database solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology, architecture standards and departmental best practices. They will design and implement database strategies that adhere to industry best practices. Application space will span both the transnational and Data Warehousing areas.
If you are interested please reply to Lauren Howley at Email blocked - click to apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the team and developers with database activities
- Oracle Database - SQL and PL/SQL optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
- General technical trouble shooting and consulting with to development teams. Deep problem solving for production and other issues from a database perspective will be needed.
- Develop and socialize a process and schedule and manage Oracle database design and code reviews for the team
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain
- PL/SQL utility software to be utilized by development teams to perform common database tasks
- An automated, controlled, and consistent database change management process
- Ability to perform Oracle performance tuning and a good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Work on Oracle-heavy projects across the organization as a developer and ensure that agreed upon timeframes and deliverables are met.
- Work with operations/infrastructure DBA to provide support, including driving root cause analysis (RCA), preventative action follow-through, and participation in weekly operations reviews as needed
Must Have Technical Skills
- Must have 8+ years Oracle working experience
- Strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL, Linux Shell Scripting, tuning and debugging
- Experience in Data Modeling
- Experience with Management, Maintenance and Best Practices of Oracle LOB’s.
Must Have Non-Technical Skills
- Ability to earn the respect of coworkers by demonstrating competency, dependability and leadership and helping the initiatives achieve their goals.
- High engagement and sense of ownership is a must.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and drive to meet dates and deadlines
- Proactive approach, willingness and learning ability to understand and support tools and technologies coming into the team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills w/preparing reports, presentations and documentation
- Ability to work well with development and infrastructure teams
- Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and workload with minimum supervision
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Attention To Detail