To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tucson, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
COTA, Occupational Therapy Assistant
BAYADA Home Health Care • Tucson, AZ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, COTA for a per diem opportunity performing home care community visits for our office in the East Tucson Metro area. Prior home care experience required.
Per Diem or Part-Time Opportunity with Benefits!
Home Health Experience Required As a home care COTA, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
As a COTA you will:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Carry out treatment plans as prepared by the Occupational Therapist, including functional status, muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills and ADL and IADL performance.
- Work collaboratively with the OT to assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a touch pad tablet.
- Current certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in Arizona.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, preferably in an acute, rehab, home health or skilled nursing facility setting.
- A graduate of an occupational therapy assistant program.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.