Experience: Certified Medical Assistant & 3+ years of clinical experience
Health Insurance 401(k)
Paid Time Off Vision & Dental offered
Full Job Description
Under the direction and supervision of the provider or nurse practitioner(s), assists with performing patient care. This position performs a wide variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to, maintenance of clinical records and documentation. Patient communication involving scheduling appointments and responding to patient questions in a timely manner. Performs clinical skills during patient intake, ability to take vital signs. Knowledge of how to perform an electrocardiogram. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment that requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patients, cleans and disinfects rooms, equipment and restocks supplies.
- Interviews patients and records or inputs information into the patients' medical record via EMR. Collects all medical data in order to facilitate the physicians ability to draw conclusions about the patient's needs. Ensure all charts and forms for the office visit are ready for the provider.
- Measure, collect, record patient's vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight)
Key Success Factors:
- Knowledge of the 5 rights: right patient, right medication, right dose, right route, right time.
- Ability to accurately document patient information in accordance with organization policies, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to make observation of the general physical condition of the patient and notifies the nurse/healthcare provider of abnormalities.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to patients.
- Ability to take instruction from providers/nursing staff/ administration.
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
Traveling is required to different locations.
- Medical Assistant Certification- from a program accredited by American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologist
- Basic Life Support
- Experience: +1 yr or more in a clinical office
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical skills- must be familiar with working with Electronic Health Records software.
- IF APPLICABLE: BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire and must remain active throughout employment.
Advanced Heart and Vascular Center of New Mexico values the role of each member of our team when it comes to providing quality cardiovascular care to Carlsbad and our surrounding areas. We offer a comprehensive benefits program and we promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where individuality and creativity are welcomed. Our employees learn about Cardiology through training to help them reach their full potential within our company.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Attention To Detail
- Basic Life Support
- Blood Pressure